One of the coolest parts about building an AR-15 is picking the custom parts you are going to add to distinguish your build from the thousands of others. ODIN Works always delivers unique customization options, and this juggernaut in the AR-15 accessory market hit another home run with the ODIN Works M-LOK Handguard. These forends feature the famous MAGPUL M-LOK modular mounting system that evolved from the MAGPUL MOE slot design. M-LOK hand-guards can take any of the compatible MAGPUL accessories along with many others. That compatibility includes bi-pods and bi-pod mounts, tape switch systems, sling mounts, light mounts, scout mounts, tripod mounts, vertical grips, picatinny rails, hand stops, rail covers, V-blocks, and the list goes on.
This free float ODIN Works M-LOK Handguard gives you the option of a hard mounting point for your accessories at the 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions. These accessories are not included with the hand-guard but it does come with an M-LOK accessory rail and M-LOK T-nuts. Also included with the M-LOK handguard is the forend adapter, the barrel nut, some Vibra-Tite to secure the screws (Be SURE to use it during install), and of course, you get 6 of the 6-32 size screws to use with the hand-guard. It is a simple system to install with the instructions, and it comes in 3 different sizes. The available sizes are 9.5″, 12.5″, and 15.5″ inch length.
Just like the other ODIN Works hand-guards, this M-LOK Free Float Handguard is made of tough 6005-T651 Aluminum. The 6005 Aluminum is 99% similar to 6061 Aircraft Aluminum, though the 6005 has a T6 temper. The T6 temper means the aluminum was heated to 980 degrees F in a treated solution for a specified time, until it reached an exact hardness level, then it was aged. The 6005-T651 Aluminum alloy has a Brinell Hardness of 95, so its pretty strong stuff. Plus it has an ultimate tensile strength rating of 38,000 PSI or Pounds Per Square Inch. In addition to the strength of 6005-T651, the hand-guards have also been hard anodized to protect the exterior. And finally, you can mount your QD Sling Swivels at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock. Its truly one of the nicest forends on the market for building or upgrading your AR-15. And don’t forget, our AR-15Discounts.com Satisfaction Guarantee means that if for any reason you aren’t happy with your order, you can send it back within the 30 day period for a full refund.
- Free float
- Weight: 8.5 oz
- Material: 6005-T651 Aluminum alloy construction
- Inner diameter: 1.6″
- Outer diameter: W-1.8″ H-2.1″
- Advanced ergonomic engineering for improved performance and comfort
- Continuous/Uninterrupted Picatinny Top Rail for optics
- 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions for accessory mounting and rails can be joined to create continuous Pic Spec Rail
- 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock QD Sling mounts
- Low profile gas block fits internally
- M-LOK modular locking accessory mounting system (MAGPUL)
- Precision 1/2 slot incremental adjustments
- Rear access to the rail is not required
- Bi-directional mounting capability
- Metal and polymer accessory compatibility