This Dirty Bird Industries 9mm Complete Upper features a Side-Charging upper receiver and pairs it with one of the best-selling 15″ Dirty Bird SMRS M-LOK Handguards.
NEW: The Dirty Bird SMRS Handguard featured our new Rock Solid Patent Pending Anti-Slip / Anti-Lift attachment system. The clamp-on style of handguard attachment, utilized by many manufacturers is both secure and convenient but one problem has always been that clamping the handguard it tends to lift the front end of the handguard. The longer the handguard, the more drastic the effect. If you’ve ever had to bottom-out the front-sight post of a rail mounted BUIS in order to get the correct elevation, the issue is probably due to this “lift” phenomena. The ASAL system means that you don’t have to worry about any unwanted “lift”.
Made in the USA – Backed by Dirty Bird Industries’ Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Chambered in 5.56 (will also function with .223)
- 16″” Government Profile w/ 1:7 Twist
- Mid-Length Gas System
- QPQ Nitride Finish
- High Pressure Tested and Magnetic Particle Inspected
- Sub-MOA Guarantee
Dirty Bird Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group
- Strategically relocated load bearing surfaces reduce carrier tilt/can’t during recoil, thus increasing reliability and longevity.
- Additional wall thickness in the gas exhaust port area for added strength and rigidity.
Dirty Bird SMRS V2 Handguard
- Machined from aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum extrusions.
- Type 3 hard anodizing or Cerakote sprayed at 1 mil thickness per spec.
- M-LOK attachment slots on all sides (except top)
- 1913 Picatinny top rail with shaved and beveled center section.
- Snag free design with smooth, uniform octagonal surface ideal for accessory attachment or application of specialty coatings or patterns.
- Aircraft Grade aluminum barrel nut. In our tests, the aluminum barrel nuts are just as effective when torqued to spec. Additionally, the weight savings enable us to utilize a longer barrel nut design which means more surface area at the attachment point without adding unnecessary weight.
Side-Charging Upper Receiver
- Machined from 6061 billet aluminum
- Matte black hard-coat anodized per Mil 8625 Type 3 Class 2
- Adjustable tension slide lock on charging handle
- Rear dust cover trap door that seals shut when mated with lower
- Manufactured to MILSPEC on state of the art CNC equipment for consistent quality parts and exacting tolerances