Limited Availability. First come first serve.
This kit includes a Faxon Firearms 10.5″ Pencil Profile Carbine Length QPQ Nitride Barrel and a Superlative Arms .625 Melonited Adjustable Piston System. This is an ideal combination for a super reliable, light weight pistol or SBR build.
Faxon Firearms 10.5″ Pencil Profile Carbine Length QPQ Nitride Barrel w/ 1:8 Twist
Our pencil barrels are the lightest in the industry. Don’t take just our word for it, major companies like Robar, 2A Armament, and others choose Faxon pencils for their ideal balance of weight and performance.
Faxon Firearms barrels are the pinnacle of value. Manufactured 100% in-house from cradle-to-grave, these barrels are fully stress relieved, air-gauge tested, and 11 degree target crowned to ensure superior accuracy.
Quality is imbued into our barrels from the start. We start with the best materials, either certified 4150 Mil-Spec steel or 416-R Stainless. From there, each barrel goes through a battery of tests at each operation until finished in Nitride and final inspected. All barrels are individually checked for headspace by precision custom hardened gauges.
- Barrel Material: 4150 Certified Gun Barrel Quality Steel
- Barrel Type: Button Rifled
- Barrel Caliber: 5.56
- Barrel Twist: 1:8
- Barrel Length: 10.5″
- Barrel Profile: Pencil
- Barrel Gas System: Carbine
- Inside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Outside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
- Gas Block Diameter: .625″
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.1″
- Barrel Extension: M4
- Weight: .9 lbs
- Magnetic Particle Inspected
- 11-degree Target Crown
Superlative Arms Piston System
The Superlative Arms Patented “Bleed Off”, Gas Piston System For The AR-15 Platform Adjusts The Gas Flow By Bleeding The Gas Out Of The Block Instead Of Restricting The Flow Like Conventional Adjustable Blocks.
- The pressure used in the block is reduced only to the amount required to drive the bolt carrier. The remaining gas / pressure are bled out of the block allowing the system to run much cleaner and cooler.
- Reduction of felt recoil.
- Patented adjustment detent is located outside of the block and therefore no contamination.
- The gas adjustment screw does not restrict the gas flow; therefore there is no erosion or seizing of the screw /no loss of detent due to carbon build up. Although it is removable, we have added a safety mechanism, which stops you from unintentionally backing the screw all the way out.
- When using SBR’s and / or suppressors the bleed off port allows the excessive pressure to be exhausted out of the block reducing blow back.
- Firearm Type: AR-15
- Gas Length: Carbine
- Barrel Diameter: .625″
- Weight: 12.7 oz.
- Piston Block Material and Finish: 416 SS, Melonite
- Carrier: Ion Bonded, 1 pc. Carrier w/ Skis and Dimpled Key
- Gas Adjustment: (Patented) 30 Locked Positions, Front Of Block
- Bleed Off Port: (Patented) Front Of Block
- Piston Block Assembly
- Carrier (bolt not included).
- (1) 3/32″ X 6″ Hex Key (tool to adjust gas screw)
- (1) 9/64″ X 6″ Hex key (tool to install/remove gas block plug)
- (1) Bushing and insert tool (Just an extra…. we have had some requests. Use at your discretion).
- Installation Instructions & QR Code For Video Tutorial