This Dirty Bird Industries Complete Upper features a Black Nitride 14.5” Sub-MOA Government Profile barrel chambered in 5.56 with a 1:7 twist. Built on a top-tier Forged Upper Receiver and finished with Dirty Bird’s 12.7″ SMRS V2 M-LOK Handguard. We then pinned and welded a Strike Industries Miller Comp to reach the a minimum barrel length of 16″, thereby reducing weight, while still retaining rigidity and performance. No corners are cut when manufacturing these complete uppers. All barrels are dimpled and cold blued, use a black nitride 4140 steel gas block and a stainless steel gas tube. The gas block set screws feature knurled cone tops and are installed using blue locktite ensuring that no amount of firing will cause the set screws to come loose but they will still able to be removed for servicing if needed.
NEW: The Dirty Bird SMRS Handguard featured our new Rock Solid Patent Pending Anti-Slip / Anti-Lift attachment system. The clamp-on style of handguard attachment, utilized by many manufacturers is both secure and convenient but one problem has always been that clamping the handguard it tends to lift the front end of the handguard. The longer the handguard, the more drastic the effect. If you’ve ever had to bottom-out the front-sight post of a rail mounted BUIS in order to get the correct elevation, the issue is probably due to this “”lift”” phenomena.
Made in the USA – Backed by Dirty Bird Industries’ Limited Lifetime Warranty
Dirty Bird Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group
- Strategically relocated load bearing surfaces reduce carrier tilt/can’t during recoil, thus increasing reliability and longevity.
- Additional wall thickness in the gas exhaust port area for added strength and rigidity.
- Chambered in 5.56 (will also function with .223)
- 14.5” Government Profile w/ 1:7 Twist
- Mid-Length Gas System
- Black Nitride Finish
- High Pressure Tested and Magnetic Particle Inspected
- Sub-MOA Guarantee
- Patented ASAL (Anti-Slip, Anti-Lift) mounting system
- Included M-LOK QD Mount
- “Competition Cut” top rail
- Precision Machined from Top Tier 7075-T6 Aluminum Forgings (forge marks may vary)
- Not all forged uppers are created equal and we only use the best for our uppers meaning they will be free from excessive pitting, machined to spec and finished with quality (not purple or chalky) hard coat anodizing
- M4 Feedramps
- Forge Markings may vary
- May or may not have T-Marks