If you’re a hunter, competitor or AR enthusiast wanting to build a quality, all-around AR-15 build without bleeding your bank account completely dry, the Dirty Bird DB-15 Builder’s Set just might be what you’re looking for. The Dirty Bird Builder’s Set is your top choice for getting started with AR15 rifle building, containing some of the most critical components you need to assemble your next AR-15.
The Dirty Bird AR-15 Forged Multi-Cal Receiver Set is a choice that is based on quality, performance, and versatility. Dirty Bird, a company known for its dependability and accuracy in engineering, has created a receiver set that may be the foundation of your AR-15 setup and is compatible with a variety of calibers, so it can be adjusted to meet your changing shooting requirements.
We believe that regardless of your level of experience with firearms, this receiver set from Dirty Bird guarantees accuracy, dependability, and the flexibility to tailor your AR-15 to your particular needs.
Our end goal for our build using the Dirty Bird Builder’s Set was a rugged, reliable, accurate, reasonably lightweight AR-15 which would be used for hunting and perhaps double duty as a rifle for personal protection. The gun would also be expected to perform as an accurate, sub-MOA range rifle on which we could reliably test a wide variety of incoming optics.
Simply put, We wanted a build that could perform like one of our safe queens, not totally break the bank, but at the same time could handle all the abuse we could throw at it while in the back or cab of a truck or slung across the back on a 4-wheeler. We wanted a knock-around “tool” in the truest sense of the word.
The end result is a very simple and affordable build that has really exceeded expectations, and one of the absolute highlights is the Dirty Bird DB-15 Builder’s Set. We recently sat down with Dustin Pitcher from Dirty Bird Industries to talk a bit about the Dirty Bird DB-15 Builder’s Set.
Q: Dustin, this Dirty Bird Builder’s Set set has just blown away our expectations, and we’ve been using it as our go-to for new AR builds lately. Can you give us a brief overview?
Dustin Pitcher, Dirty Bird – It really is a nice set. For someone doing something like the multi-purpose build you were trying to pull off, it’s a great starting point. For starters, the Dirty Bird DB-15 Builder’s Set is machined to M16/M4 Mil-Spec. It’s a mil-spec upper and lower receiver set. It’s something sourced from Tier 1 manufacturers. These are not blems, hand-me-downs or sub par B-Grade forgings. The fit and finish of the upper and lower receivers is there. For the quality you receive, it’s really one of the best kits available for builders anywhere right now.
Q: Can you talk about the finish? It really is really gorgeous, specially in person.
Dustin Pitcher, Dirty Bird – One of the things that separates the Dirty Bird Builder’s Set from a lot of the other ones out there, even though the set is offered in a variety of colors, is that even the black one comes cerakoted.
Because of that, there is a noticeable improvement in the finish. The receivers and the handguard match perfectly. The result of that is it has a very premium feel. That said, the price point also hits a sweet spot. It’s not necessarily the cheapest builder’s set out there, but in terms of overall value, I think it’s really hard to beat right now.
Dirty Bird DB-15 Builder’s Set Details:
Dirty Bird Industries SMRS (Slim M-LOK Rail System) Handguard:
- Tough and practical
- Machined from aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum extrusions.Anti-rotation tabs.
- Type 3 hard anodizing or Cerakote™ sprayed at 1 mil thickness per spec.
- M-LOK attachment slots on all sides (except top)
- 1913 Picatinny top rail with shaved and beveled center section.
- Raised QD attachment points at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions.
- Snag free design with smooth, uniform octagonal surface ideal for accessory attachment or application of specialty coatings or patterns.
- Aircraft Grade aluminum barrel nut.
- Compatible with most known low profile gas blocks.
- Straight Forward Installation
- No frills clamp-on style installation using only a 1-3/16 Crow’s Foot wrench and 5/32″” Allen key.
- Barrel nut does not requiring timing with the gas tube. No shims required. The end result is a great-looking, zero-compromise handguard suitable for a wide variety of builds.
Dirty Bird Industries AR-15 Forged Multi-Cal Lower Receiver:
- Quality Materials, Durable Finish7075-T6 Forgings
- Precision machined on state-of-the-art CNC equipment with quality and tolerance checks throughout the machining process
- Matte black Mil 8625 Type 3 Class 2 hard-coat anodizing
- Maximum Compatibility“Multi-Cal” markings for compatibility with many different caliber uppers
- Machined to Mil-Spec dimensions
- Compatible with all standard AR-15 components and magazines
- Dirty Bird Industries AR-15 Stripped Upper Receiver:
- Builders know that not all mil-spec forged upper receivers are created equal. Sub-par forgings suffer from pitting and structural defects, poor anodizing can result in a purplish or chalky finish that doesn’t last and sloppy matching can result in mis-sized lugs, burrs or other machine marks.
Dirty Bird Industries AR-15 Stripped Upper Receiver:
Precision machined to M16/M4 Mil-Spec using top-quality forgings (NOT the rejects). They are then finished with a uniform Mil-Spec Type III hard-coat anodizing and laser-etched t-marks. These units are quality-checked throughout the process to ensure consistent quality from unit to unit.
- 7075-T6 Aluminum Forgings (forge marks may vary)
- M4 Feedramps
- .250 takedown pin holes
- Laser etched T-marks
- Port Door (Dust Cover) and Forward Assist not included
- NOTE: Cerakoted options will not have laser etched t-marks
- 100% American Made
- Dirty Bird Industries’ Limited Lifetime Warranty
In conclusion, our belief is that for the best performance and versatility at a reasonable price without an unnecessary markup, Dirty Bird DB-15 Builder’s Set is the kit to beat right now. It is reliable and accurate because it was made with great care and is meant to last. Whether you’re an experienced shooter or a beginner in the world of building ARs, the Dirty Bird lets you make your AR-15 look just the way you want it to. Dirty Bird is the best choice for AR-15 builds and will improve your shooting experience.