The Gunner profile is a blend of two of the best performing profiles of all time, Gov’t and Pencil.
Proving that every once and awhile, the Government can do something right, the Gunner’s profile from the extension to the gas block mimics that well-known taper. From there, innovation takes over and the Gunner moves to a .625″ gas block journal and our famed pencil profile out front.
Removing the weight from the front of the barrel ensures maximum versatility and keeps material to the rear to maximize heat resistance and mitigate whip.
Faxon Firearms barrels are the pinnacle of value. Manufactured 100% in-house from cradle-to-grave, these barrels are fully stress relieved, air-gauge tested, and 11 degree target crowned to ensure superior accuracy.
Quality is imbued into our barrels from the start. We start with the best materials, either certified 4150 Mil-Spec steel or 416-R Stainless. From there, each barrel goes through a battery of tests at each operation until finished in Nitride and final inspected. All barrels are individually checked for headspace by precision custom hardened gauges.
- Barrel Type: Button Rifled
- Barrel Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Barrel Twist: 1:8
- Barrel Length: 18″
- Barrel Profile: GUNNER Light Hybrid
- Barrel Gas System: Rifle Length
- Inside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Outside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
- Gas Block Diameter: .625″
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.9″
- Barrel Extension: M4
- Weight: 1.58 lbs
- Magnetic Particle Inspected
- 11-degree Target Crown